Friday 24 July 2015

Fake South Africans

News24

As an insurance broker I sell all types of insurance. With the exception of course of Aviation policies. One unit of my business is funeral cover which includes a variety of services that comes with it but I will come back to this one a bit later.
In this UNIT we obtain leads from a variety of sources which includes funeral parlours, advertising, field workers etc. what I have noticed recently is the sudden increase in applications from Non-South Africans with South African documents. What is raising eyebrows here is that their I.D. books state that a person is born here in South Africa but upon meeting the person you can clearly see that this person is not from here. This problem started appearing somewhere around 2009 onwards and has caused a few problems within my industry. For an example, one of the requirements for a funeral policy is that you must be a South African either by birth or citizenship. The reason for this is that the suppliers of products are all South African companies. The other reason is because doing admin for a client that is not in South Africa is going to be a problem as a lot of things cannot be verified.
You are probably thinking that it is only Africans from other African countries I’m talking about here but Surprise surprise also white, coloured , indian and Chinese people are involved here. Afrikaans speaking coloured people from Namibia, white people from Europe and other parts of Africa.          
Recently a guy by the name of Elisha Matsipa from the Home Affairs in Pretoria was arrested for corruption and has been charged with putting the country at risk. He has assisted a Pakistani national in fraudulently obtaining an SA I.D. The question I have is if he is only arrested now what is going to happen to the thousands of I.D’s he has sold since he started this unscrupulous act. What surprises me is that in his bail hearing he unashamedly tells the magistrate that he owns property to the value of R3 million rand in his salary of R28 000.
These ID’s can do anything that an authentic I.D. can. You can apply for a loan, open a bank account, finance assets and even get blacklisted. The latter obviously is no problem at all because you can just throw it away and get another one. You can ask the white widow here Samantha Lewthwaite. She lived in South Africa undetected for god knows how long doing all what she did and left at her own time. 
This corruption has been happening since the apartheid times because when I was growing up in Soweto there were many people from Lesotho, Swaziland and Botswana all of whom were using South African documents. I’m saying South African documents because I know for sure that during Apartheid as a black person from another country, without a sound reason, will never obtain any documents to stay here in South Africa. If you do I can’t believe that you can be granted permanent residence just like that.   
Most Zimbabweans are ashamed of the fact that they are from Zimbabwe. Must I put it politely and say that they don’t what people to know that they are from there especially those that speak Zulu. Most if not all when you ask them where are they from they will tell you that they are from Mpumalanga even though some have never set a foot there.
I don’t mean to sound Xenophobic but if I do please forgive me.
The smart cards rollout is aimed at eradicating this problem but I doubt that it will do so successfully more especially because the same people who are administering them are the same people who have put us in this mess in the first place.                                                                       
This government will only wake up if Boko Haram can send one of its guys to come and bomb one of the public places maybe they will learn that we can’t continue to be a free in and free out country.
Thank you Genuine South Africans that’s all for now even though I have a lot to say. Until next time.
                                                                                                                                                                                   

No comments: