Monday 11 August 2014

Airtel Pays Out Claims To Airtel Insurance Beneficiaries




Airtel Ghana, CIMG Telecoms Company of the Year, in collaboration with MicroEnsure and Enterprise Life Insurance, has paid out claims to beneficiaries of Airtel Insurance.

Airtel Insurance offers Airtel customers life, accidental, permanent disability and hospitalization insurance with benefits increasing based on airtime top-up. The product was launched in January this year to add to the company's range of products available to their valued customers.

Receiving his claim, Cornelius Tetteh, a Marketing Officer who lives in Madina said the money had been of great help to him. "I was shattered by the death of my father and couldn't pay all the funeral expenses. That was when I remembered that my father named me as the next of kin on his Airtel Insurance policy", he explained.

The excited Cornelius described how easy and convenient Airtel insurance is. "I called '580' to enquire since I did not know the processes. A friendly agent from MicroEnsure returned my call, assisted me with my claim and within 72 hours after submission of my documents and verification of my claim, I received GHS 2,500.00 through Airtel Money. My Airtel number is now my main contact number. I use it for both calls and data because I will get more insurance cover from Airtel if I recharge more. Airtel Insurance really works," he added.

Another beneficiary, Stanley Blewu, a journalist in Accra, also had his insurance claim paid to him when he was admitted at the hospital for some time. He had a challenge with meeting his huge medical expenses.

"I was very surprised to see a message pop up on my phone with Airtel informing me of the insurance cover I had earned this month. I received GHC 150.00 through Airtel Money after 24 hours of verification. The money came in handy. At first, I thought it was a hoax but it turned out to be true! Apart from offering good services, Airtel is now helping people through their free Insurance product", Blewu said.

The product is subscription- based. Airtel customers register by dialing *580# or calling 580 to enjoy free life, accidental and hospitalization cover. Airtel Insurance cover is based on a total monthly airtime top-up of at least GHC 5.00, which makes it very affordable for Airtel customers or anyone who opts to be on the Airtel platform.

The more one tops-up in the current month, the more cover one gets the following month.

This initiative eliminates the notion that insurance is expensive and cumbersome which makes it unattractive. All Airtel customers who are residents of Ghana and aged between 18 and 75 years are eligible to register for this insurance product.

About Airtel in Africa

Airtel is driven by the vision of providing affordable and innovative mobile services to all. Airtel has 17 operations in Africa: Burkina Faso, Chad, Democratic Republic of the Congo, and Republic of the Congo, Gabon, Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Madagascar, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia. Airtel International is a Bharti Airtel company. For more information, please visit www.airtel.com, or 'like' the Airtel Ghana Facebook page via www.facebook.com/airtelgh or follow us on Twitter via the handle @airtelghana.

About Bharti Airtel

Bharti Airtel Limited is a leading global telecommunications company with operations in 20 countries across Asia and Africa. Headquartered in New Delhi, India, the company ranks amongst the top 4 mobile service providers globally in terms of subscribers. In India, the company's product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce, fixed line services, high speed DSL broadband, IPTV, DTH, enterprise services including national & international long distance services to carriers. In the rest of the geographies, it offers 2G, 3G wireless services and mobile commerce. Bharti Airtel crossed the 300 million customers mark across its operations at the end of July 2014. To know more please visit, www.airtel.com 

Source: Airtel

No comments: